Saturday, October 17, 2009

To Drug or Not To Drug?

It's sad to see everyone so dependent on drugs. I can see the need for Tamiflu and what not if you or your loved ones are considered "higher risk" in regards to H1N1 but I think that the capitalist media hype has people worrying themselves into a frenzy. People, our bodies are equipped with an immune system for a reason and there are reasons why these viruses keep getting stronger. One of these reasons being that we rely on other methods than our own immune system way too often to kill the viruses which in the long run makes the viruses stronger and our immune systems weaker. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against using medicine as needed but taking something to shorten the life of the flu when it's in it's early stages just seems unnatural. I'm now on day 5 of the flu, my doctor diagnosed it as seasonal without testing, I have my suspicions that it may be H1N1 but don't really see where that matters as I am treating it as "The Flu." I am taking Tylenol or Theraflu as needed, drinking lots of fluids and trying to eat crackers when I can as my appetite is gone. I have missed a few days of work but that's what happens when you get this sick. I am confident that this thing will run it's course and I can head back to work in the near future.
So the point I am trying to make to you is, calm down and have a little more faith in your body's immune system.
As far as children go, as a parent who has lost a child I know as well as anyone how frightening it can be to see your normally energetic kid too lethargic to get out of bed but again, have a little faith in the human immune system and be cautious of what you're putting in your child's body, immunizations included.

No comments: